All beauty comes from within.

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Sugar, Sugar...

I decided to make sugar scrubs for the holidays this year.  It was super easy and fun!  After some research, I ended up with this:

6 cups of white granulated sugar (you can use any sugar that you prefer)
1 cup of light virgin olive oil (I checked the consistency as I went and added more if I felt it was needed.)
20-30 drops of an essential oil of your choice.  I used peppermint and grapefruit! 

Time to decorate:

I bought 12 small mason jars from Walmart to give to friends at work and a few larger jars at Hobby Lobby to give to my mom, sisters, cousin, best friend and her family.

I created a simple label for the top of each jar in Microsoft Word and decoupaged it on with Mod Podge! I LOVE using Mod Podge! :)  I used gift tags that I found on Pinterest.  I am still looking for the blog site that had the link to the gift tags.  Once I do, I will post it here.  They turned out better than I thought they would! It was really fun and a great way to make something to pamper yourself! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment