All beauty comes from within.

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Creamy Zesty Chicken

I found this recipe I wanted to try from CleverlyInspired (from Midwest Living) on Pinterest!  It is called Angel Chicken but I re-named it "Creamy Zesty Chicken" for its robust flavor and made a few modifications.  (The family just finished dinner and LOVED it!)  It's so easy to make and the chicken is deliciously tender. 

Ingredients:  
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (I threw in 5)1 8-oz. pkg. fresh button mushrooms, quartered (I sliced them)
1 6-oz. pkg. fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, caps sliced (I used portobellos instead)
1/4 cup butter (I used Smart Balance butter)
1 0.7-oz. pkg. Italian dry salad dressing mix
1 10-3/4-oz. can condensed golden mushroom soup
1/2 cup dry white wine (I used 3/4 cup instead) :)
1/2 of an 8-oz. tub cream cheese spread with chives and onion
Hot cooked rice or angel hair pasta

Cooking Directions:
Melt the butter in a saucepan or pot

Pour in the Italian Seasoning, wine, cream cheese and soup  

Combine until it is melted

Slice the mushrooms and lay them in the bottom of the crock-pot

Place the chicken on top of the mushrooms and cover 
the chicken with the sauce.  Cook on low for 5 hours.

So delish! :)


Enjoy,

Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment